Monday, January 14, 2008

Walking away.

*written January 1, 2006

I woke up this morning to the sound of rain

And felt from within me a deep crushing pain

As I then recalled what you said yesterday

That everything’s over, we must walk away.

I thought of the reasons we had to let go

That we need to part ways before we can grow

That life would be better on our own separate ways

When everything’s over and we’ve walked away.

I thought of the moments I’d spent by your side

The dreams of me someday becoming your bride

Have faded to nothing, have all gone astray

‘Cause everything’s over and you’ve walked away.

I thought of the future I’d face on my own

The long lonely nights I would spend all alone

So maybe I should have just asked you to stay

But everything’s over, and you’ve walked away.

I woke up this morning, and one thing I knew

And that’s just how deeply I’m in love with you

And that I am hoping you’ll come back someday

For now it’s all over…I must walk away.

No comments: