Tuesday, May 21, 2019

All my life, I've prayed for someone like you.

*I wrote this blog entry on Sept. 21, 2009, a decade ago now and many months before I got engaged and married. I wanted this to be part of my wedding vows and ended up writing something similar for the ceremony. This note goes out to every single lady who is waiting and praying for their God's best...know that the wait will someday be worth it!

All my life, I've prayed for someone like you.
And I thank God that I finally found you.

I absolutely don't want to spend the rest of my life with anyone else.
Cliche or not, he is the one I've wanted all my life.

When I was six years old, all I wanted was a Prince like Cinderella's to whisk me off to his castle and show me magical places and things.

When I was ten, all I wanted was for someone to hold my hand, lay on the grass with me and talk for hours on end about everything and nothing and then tell me I was beautiful.

When I was thirteen, all I wanted was to be secure and protected, to have someone I could trust and open up to like a best friend...and then some.

When I was sixteen, all I wanted was for someone to match my level of romantic hopelessness, to read me poetry and give me flowers and chocolates and take me to picture-perfect places, and to tell me every day that he loved me.

When I was nineteen, all I wanted was someone I could be proud of, someone I knew God approved of, someone I could take home to my parents and introduce to all my friends and have them tell me he's good for me.

When I was twenty-three, all I wanted was someone to have for the rest of my life, someone who would be faithful and sensitive and, unafraid of commitment, would be in it for the long haul.

When I was twenty-five, I found him.

He is everything I've been praying for...and a little bit more. 

No comments: