Tuesday, May 21, 2019

You bring me flowers. We talk for hours.

I enjoy looking back on the days when I was just falling in love. There's nothing more beautiful than discovering that God is changing your heart towards someone who was once just a friend. Although you may feel strange, helpless and bewildered, to me, it's still one of the most cherished feelings ever. And it's worth documenting and sharing.

This goes out to any girl who's ever been in love. :)And especially to the man who made me feel in love...it's been over a decade since that time, darling, and I'm still in love with you! See how far we've come?! :)

You bring me flowers...
...and we talk for hours.


You bring me chicken soup, medicine and cough drops when I'm down with the flu.


You go out of your way to drive me to places, especially when it's late and/or raining.


You read me poetry and fairytales on the phone when I can't sleep.


You take a deep and genuine interest in the things that I do, from the articles that I write to the issues my youth group struggles with.


You are so good for me that it's scary. What if I'm reading between the lines...only to find that there's really nothing there?


But despite the uncertainty, I am just glad that you are my best friend, because you're the only one who takes care of me this way. Your love - whether friendly or more than that (it doesn't even matter anymore at this point) - leaves me happily spoiled and gives me something to look forward to everyday.


Darling, every girl should have someone like you.

No comments: