Friday, January 5, 2007

The hundredth time.

*written June 10, 1999

Once again I fall for you, the hundredth time around
For when love sings that sweet old tune, I can't ignore the sound.
So many times I've given up, yet now I'm here once more.
Knowing deep inside there's still the slimmest hope in store.

I try to make this dream come true the hundredth time or so,
For though I've tried so many times, I just can't let you go.
And even if the love was lost, seems like we're strangers now,
When you look in my eyes, I see there's still a chance somehow.

I'm bound for disappointment for the hundredth time perhaps,
But this heart you once solely owned is still caught in the trap,
The dream never came true, the story never found its end
I had so much to say but didn't know the words back then.

I'm reaching for the moon and stars the hundredth time, and know
That I should not keep false hopes and not let my feelings show
For if you aren't meant for me, then why force destiny?
I'm now prepared to face the worst, accept reality.

I'm waiting for you to return, the hundredth time, to me.
Bring back the love we once had that's now just a memory.
The twinkle in your eyes tells me you still recall sometimes,
For who knows? Maybe someday, you'll be with me for all time...

No comments: