Thursday, January 4, 2007

Just A Dream.

written June 27, 1998

Just a dream, that's what you are
A faraway and distant star.
A heart that now I'll never own,
Because I once left you alone.

Just a dream, that's how you'll stay,
A vision I see everyday,
So many walls between us now
Because I never kept my vow.

Just a dream, beyond my reach
A little lesson life can teach
A memory burning in my heart
Because I chose to pull apart.

Just a dream, forever there
Who'll never know how much I care
A future I'll keep pining for
Because I once walked out the door.

Just a dream with priceless cost
A chance I had but never lost.
A love now owned by someone new,
Because I never saw it through.

Just a dream that's bound to last
A jewel carried from the past
A light, once bright, now growing dim,
Because I chose not you, but him.

You're just a dream that I love so
And yet perhaps you'll never know
Now I'm free to love you once more,
You don't love me anymore...

No comments: